ICC Complaints Registration
The Sexual Harassment of Women at Workplace (Prevention, Prohibition and Redressal) Act was passed in 2013. The Act aims to provide legal recourse to women subject to sexual harassment in the Institutions that employ them. Employers are obliged to maintain a work environment that actively discourages such harassment. Under the Act, it is made compulsory for all public and private employers to set up a committee to accept, and conduct inquiries into, complaints by female employees.
Faculty, staff, research scholars and students of educational institutions are also covered under this Act. The Internal Complaints Committee (ICC) at NIT Trichy was set up in accordance to the specifications of this Act in 2013.
Following is a list of the current members of the ICC, along with their designations.
- Presiding Officer: Dr. Meera S. Begum, Professor, Department of Chemical Engineering
- Member: Dr. M. Venkata Kirthiga, Associate Professor, Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- Member: Dr. R. Tamil Selvi, Associate Professor, Department of Mathematics
- Member: Mrs. V. Venkatalakshmi, Senior Superintendent
- External Member: Mrs. Krishnaveni Sekar, Senior DGM (HRM), BHEL, Trichy
- Member (Ex-Officio): Senior Vigilance Officer
- Member (Ex-Officio): Registrar
- Vice president of Student Council is also a member of the ICC board
ICC Complaints Procedure
- The complaint can be filed with any of the ICC members. If not, the complaint can be addressed to the Director, or Dean Students’ Welfare or the HoD, which will be then forwarded to the ICC. Being confidential, the complaint is sealed and handed over to a member of the ICC.
- If you wish to report an issue, mail any member of ICC and to the Mail ID : email@example.com
- The members of ICC or Professor will address you and enquire about the issue directly.