The Technical Council, NIT Tiruchirappalli is a wing of Students' Council, responsible for managing, ideating and supervising most of the activities in the college. The duties and responsibilities of the body mainly revolve around three entities:
- Campus: The Technical Council works for campus development, spearheading initiatives, organising TechTalks, workshops, a prominent example being the DSC workshops and contacting technical companies for giveaways for the students. Moreover, the Technical Council also coordinates with the CoEs, ISRO incubation centre and other labs to ensure a thriving platform for budding tech enthusiasts.
- Pragyan: The Technical Council ideates upon and implements, 'Technical Showcases' (videos and setups utilising a prominent technology to showcase the number of days to go for Pragyan), organises Gamescape, and conducts initiatives like the Human Library. The Technical Council also aids in the conduction of events during Pragyan.
- Techno-Managerial Clubs: The Technical Council, along with the Technical Secretary, monitors and manages the activities of the various techno-managerial clubs on campus.
- Technical communities: The Technical Council manages technical communities, creating a platform to meet and collaborate with fellow tech enthusiasts. It is a perfect place for networking and interacting with amazing people. Importantly, it is open to all NIT-T students. The communities are
- CryptoNITT - Official blockchain community of NIT-T
- Developer Student Clubs NITT - A community for students interested in developer technologies to connect, collaborate, and grow in a peer-to-peer learning environment
- TeCOS - Official open source community of NIT-T
- Women Inclusivity Network NITT - A community initiative formed by women students and alumni of NIT Trichy, to improve the representation of women in STEM fields, thereby inspiring and supporting women in their quest to achieve their technical career aspirations.
Social Media Handles